Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Summer of the Midnight Sun


I just started reading Summer of the Midnight Sun the first book in the Alaskan Quest series by Tracie Peterson. I've never read any of her books before but it looked good so I decided to try it. I find books about Alaska very interesting and I really like historical fiction. Here is the summary from the back cover:


Leah Barringer and her brother, Jacob, have come to love the rugged Alaskan Territory they call home.


But when Jacob determines to join an arctic expedition, Leah realizes her heart yearns for more than this solitary existence.


The unexpected arrival of Jayce Kincaid, the man who spurned her ten years before, awakens feelings that Leah would much prefer to leave buried. As Jayce sets out to prove he's a changed man, Leah cannot deny the effect he once again has upon her. But the appearance of a young investigator casts a cloud over Jayce's past...and over Leah's dreams for the future.

2 comments:

  1. Its been a long time since I've read a Tracie Peterson book but I do enjoy her work. I think the last one I read and loved was the Yukon Quest.

    PS Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your first follower. Looks like you are off to a great start!
    Thanks for stopping at Freda's Voice, and good luck on the contests and blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think. I love getting comments! :)