Friday, June 18, 2010

Midnight Predator


I recently finished Midnight Predator by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. I love all of her books (Hawksong being #1 on my list though). She is an amazing author and I'm pretty sure she was only 13 (maybe 15) when she wrote her first book. The only criticism I have is that I wish it would have been longer or there were a sequel. I would really like to know what Turquoise did after this book but I doubt there will be another at this point ,so I'm stuck wondering. : ( Oh well! I usually put the summary from the back cover but I already brought this one back to the library (sorry) so this is from Amazon.com:


Midnight, the ancient evil sanctuary of vampires and their human slaves that was burned to the ground centuries ago, has risen from the ashes to open its dark doors once more. And it's up to Turquoise Draka, famed human vampire hunter of the Bruja guild, to stop Midnight's founder and vampire most malevolent, Jeshikah. But once inside Midnight's walls, Turquoise discovers that instead of Jeshikah, the surprisingly benign vampire Jaguar is at the helm. Acting as a human slave, Turquoise tries to discern Jaguar's mysteriously kind motives as she works at planning Jeshikah's assassination. Meanwhile, her acting servitude is playing havoc with her memories, as she begins to recall the bleak days when she used to be a human slave herself, the time before her training as an elite Bruja warrior. With bitter memories of beatings and humiliations battling with her present suicidal assignment, Turquoise must do everything in her power to keep from blowing her cover and losing her sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. I love getting comments! :)