Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shiver


I finally read Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I haven't read anything by her before and I kept hearing good things about this book and the sequel Linger so I finally tried it. It was pretty good but not great in my opinion. I really like reading books with different views on werewolf and vampire legend and this one definitely had that going for it. I don't have a rating system on my reviews (hmm...maybe I should start one) but if I did have a scale or something like that, 10 would be the type of books I can read over and over (like the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs or Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes) and 0 would be the ones I can't even finish. Shiver would probably rank about a 7 because I didn't have any trouble finishing it but I don't think I'll read it again. I don't exactly know what it was that I didn't like about it but I would still like to try Linger anyway.

Here is the summary from my libraries website:

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf - her wolf - is a haunting presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human -- until the cold makes him shift back again. Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears and the temperature drops, Sam must fight to stay human or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. I love getting comments! :)